Thursday, December 17, 2009

I <3 it here!

 It's been a while since my very first post, but I'm just working my way into being comfortable with blogging and things of that nature.

So I've picked up some tips on blog posting and the like, so from now on I'll try to keep my posts short and to the point rather than long rants.

I've been here a while now and its Christmas time, currently it is freezing cold here in Manitoba. I  hear it gets colder, and I am being blamed for the lack of snow. I sent it all to Texas I guess!  However with it getting colder I've gotten to shop for winter clothes! I can't remember the last time I've done that. I have purchased some adorable gloves that go up to my elbows, a huge down filled coat, as well as some of the warmest and most comfortable boots on the planet! So I'm slowly working my way into the cold and its becoming my favorite.


To be honest as horrible as this may sound, its really nice being this far away from my family. I miss my mother, brothers, and step dad a ton, but I'm glad to be away from all of the insanity that comes with the rest of my family. I love them but they are exhausting.


I have also learned that Christmas shopping is much better when done from my computer. I've done almost all of it via www.Etsy.com there is some fantastic stuff on there, and some of the most wonderful people to work with on this planet. I did have to purchase a couple of hockey t-shirts for the men in my family via a local mall, and I made some wonderful saskatoon jam to send to my mom and grandmothers. I am pretty content with my gift giving this Christmas. I want it to be much better than the last (I love and I miss you dad! 08/19/1963-12/24/2008)

--Three cheers for shopping in your underwear from your computer chair!--

XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment